The Middleburgh Library Association is seeking a motivated, energetic person for Director of Fund Development. Must have related degree and experience in fundraising. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complete job description is below:
Director of Fund Development
This position will be responsible for:
· Establishing and implementing a plan for The Middleburgh Library major gift program.
· Cultivating new donor relationships and maintaining current donor relationships.
· Managing Middleburgh Library planned giving program including creating a plan to work with attorneys and financial planners on planned gift instruments and contracts.
· Providing oversight and leadership regarding events, direct mail, database and campaigns;
· Coordinating and directing fundraising campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Degree in related field and/or related experience
· Three (3+) years non-profit fundraising experience, major gift experience preferred
· Proven track record of achieving revenue goals
· Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
· Strong verbal communication skills.
· Ability to write clearly and persuasively
· Ability to prospect, cultivate new donors
· Ability to think strategically
· Proven management, leadership and supervisory capabilities
· Experience with publications and print material
· Ability to keep records of progress
· Implementation of special events
Must be able to demonstrate solid knowledge in the following areas:
- Database management
- Donor research
- Planned giving and Legacy programs
- Donor solicitation, cultivation and stewardship
- Special Fundraising/Donor Events/appeals/campaigns